Building on what has gone before, we had a challenging ‘Vision Day’ in November led by Peter Brierley. With his help we have shaped & presented our ‘Vision’ for the future of Christ Church to the Church Council which unanimously endorsed it as the way ahead for us.
Christ Church exists:
to worship God & to engage with the spiritual needs of the community.
Our vision is: to double the church community in the next 5 years.
To help us achieve this vision, we will:
1) Develop the use of our premises
2) Reach out in evangelism & mission, especially
i) to the fringe to enable them to be brought into the church
ii) to young people and families
iii) by identifying & nurturing the needs of the community
3) Develop worship styles & times
In order to achieve and sustain this vision we need to:
1) create a climate for change
2) renew confidence in the faith of existing members
3) Learn to listen – to God, to each other, to the community
4) Look at how we communicate